Explore California’s major wine regions.
The Intermediate Level 2 builds on Level 1 and includes twenty hours of wine course online and an additional tasting session. For theory, students will cover important events in California’s wine history timeline and identify key figures who helped shaped the state’s wine industry. The tasting session is obligatory to gain the qualification.
Level 2 candidates learn about:
- the important geographical factors in major California regions such as rivers, dry creeks and important mountain ranges including the Coastal Range, Mayacamas Mountains, the Vaca Range and Santa Cruz Mountains.
- the seven of California’s key grape varieties by exploring the growing regions where they are grown and their distinctive taste profiles.
- the annual life cycle of the vine and related terms including: flowering, bud break, véraison, trellising, pruning, green harvest, harvest timing and more.
- the winemaking fundamentals and explore cooperage variations (French vs. American vs. other European oak) and how wine style is affected by oak selection.
- the historic AVAs in Lodi and the Sacramento Delta, Mendocino County, Paso Robles, San Luis Obispo County, Monterey County and Santa Cruz Mountains.
How does it work?
- The online course is in English. The tasting is in Dutch for Gent and Antwerp, English in Brussels.
- After registration you will receive within 72 hours a special code to start your California Capstone adventure.
- You will then receive an invitation to sign up for the tasting sessions.
- Only those who have registered for the Capstone online classes can participate in the tasting sessions.
Your investment for level 2
€ 125 – all included (normal price US $375)
You can register HERE