Gain knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce. You’ll explore the factors that impact style and quality.
Who’s it for?
- This course is an absolute added value if you want to know which glass of wine you are drinking.
- A must for anyone who works professionally with wine (catering industry, wine trade, marketing, sales,…).
- For those who want an international certification.
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world
- Sparkling, fortified and sweet wines
- Key labelling terms
- Principles of food and wine pairing
- Storage and service
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to tasting Wine (SAT®)
Exam WSET Level 2 in Wines
- This course ends with a 50-question multiple-choice exam.
- Those achieving 55% or more will receive the WSET® Level 2 in Wine Certificate and lapel pin.
- The exam is offered on a 2-monthly basis at the location in Antwerp.
How does the online course work?
- Based around a five-week, six module online learning programme with educator support available for this time.
- For WSET Level 2 online you receive an e-book. A physical book can be ordered at extra cost.
- The modules should be followed in sequential order during this 5-week window.
- The course material should take about 30 hours in total to complete, plus revision time.
- Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for success.
- You can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course.
- Each module includes a series of independent activities to help you understand the topics.
- You will be advised to taste a range of wines during this study.
- Wines are not included in the online course fee.
- All the required wines for the course can be found in the Specification.
- Students can post their tasting notes in the WSET Online classroom for review by the educator.
How does the classroom course work?
- This training is delivered in a “blended” format.
- You can study theory by means of recordings, quizzes and other activities on the WineWise LifeLong Learning platform where you can study around your own schedule.
- It is important that you reserve a minimum of 3 hours per week for this.
- You will also follow 4 sessions of 3 hours on location, where all key wines will be tasted and an educational check will be made if you have understood the theory well.
- We see very good results with this way of working, but it is important that you also do the activities at home otherwise you will not fully understand the tasting sessions.
- A minimum of 40 wines are tasted during the classes to test theory against practice. These are included in the course fee.
- WSET online accredited educator, at least WSET Level 4 in Wines qualified.
- Day courses: WineWise Educators, at least WSET Level 4 in Wines qualified, independent wine selection made by WineWise.
- Evening courses: WineWise Trainers, who work mainly with their own wine assortment.
Prices inclusive 21% VAT
- Online: € 485
- Classroom / Blended: € 685
- Re-sit exam: € 150