The world of wine is very diverse. Apart from all sorts of wine types, such as sparkling, fortified or still wines, there are many styles, such as dry, sweet, aromatic, wood-aged, etc… WineWise will give you a good overview so you can deepen your knowledge of this complex but fascinating world step by step.
Who’s it for?
- Ideal starting point for students with little to no wine knowledge.
- Individuals who work with wine and need to understand the main styles of wine.
- For those who want to increase their confidence in the workplace.
- The main types and styles of wine.
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics.
- How to make food and wine pairings.
- How to store and serve wine
- How to describe wine using the WSET Systematic Approach to tasting (SAT®)
Exam WSET Level 1 in Wine
- This course ends with a 30-question multiple-choice exam.
- Those achieving 70% or more will receive the WSET® Level 1 in Wine Certificate and lapel pin.
- The exam is offered on a 2-monthly basis at the location in Antwerp.
How does the online course work?
- Based around a four-week, five module online learning programme with educator support available for this time.
- The modules should be followed in sequential order during this 4-week window.
- The course material should take about six hours in total to complete, plus revision time.
- Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for success.
- You can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course.
- Each module includes a series of independent activities to help you understand the topics.
- You will be advised to taste a range of wines during this study.
- All the required wines for the course can be found in the Specification (see PDF in right-hand column).
- Students can post their tasting notes in the WSET Online classroom for review by the educator.
How does the classroom course work?
- A classroom WSET Level 1 course is only offered “in-company” on demand (minimum 10 pax).
- Based on 2 sessions of 3 hours on-site and delivered by a WSET approved wine educator.
- The exam is offered after the second session (45 min).
- Please foresee as many hours of repetition @home.
- You will taste a minimum of 10 wines during the course to test theory against practice. These are included in the course fee.
- WSET online accredited educator, at least WSET Level 4 in Wine qualified.
- WineWise Educators, all of WSET Level 4 in Wine qualified.
Prices inclusive 21% VAT
- Online: € 275
- Classroom: € on demand
- Re-sit exam: € 125 (registration at least one month before exam date)
- Extra cost for re-mote exam: € 65