The diversity of spirits is enormous. Besides all kinds of different basic ingredients and production methods, you also have numerous brands. Many spirits are industrial and trendy, but you should also try the many products that are made with craftsmanship and a lot of passion. It is a world in itself.
Who’s it for?
- Ideal starting point for those who want to discover the main styles and types of spirits.
- Individuals who work with spirits and need to understand the basics of the extensive range of spirits.
- For those who wish to include a range of spirits in their range.
- The basic principles of spirit production
- The main types and styles of spirits
- Factors affecting the flavours of spirits
- How to serve spirits
- How to describe spirits using the WSET Systematic Approach to tasting (SAT®)
Exam WSET Level 1 in Spirits
- This course ends with a 30-question multiple-choice exam.
- Those achieving 70% or more will receive the WSET® Level 1 in Spirits Certificate and lapel pin.
- The exam is offered on a 2-monthly basis at the location in Antwerp.
How does the online course work?
- Based around a four-week, seven module online learning programme with educator support available for this time.
- The modules should be followed in sequential order during this 4-week window.
- The course material should take about six hours in total to complete, plus revision time.
- Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for success.
- You can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course.
- Each module includes a series of independent activities to help you understand the topics.
- You will be advised to taste a range of spirits during this study.
- Spirits are not included in the online course fee.
- All the required spirits for the course can be found in the Specification (see PDF in right-hand column).
- Students can post their tasting notes in the WSET Online classroom for review by the educator.
How does the classroom course work?
- For the moment we don’t offer classroom classes for this qualification.
- In-company is possible.
- WSET online accredited educator, at least WSET Level 3 Spirits qualified.
- Classroom (In-company):
- Jeroen Tackx – DipWSET – WA
Prices inclusive 21% VAT
- Online: € 245
- Classroom: only in-company – price on demand
- Re-sit exam: € 110