Explore California’s major wine regions.
The Introductory Level 1 includes six hours of wine course online starting with the key historical moments in the history of California wine, including the Mission era, the post-Gold Rush period, Prohibition, and the modern era. The course is online and can be accessed 7/7. The tasting session is optional but highly recommended.
Level 1 candidates learn:
- how California’s geography, Pacific Ocean, and mountain ranges affect viticulture and wine styles.
- the specific characteristics of viticulture as compared to other forms of agriculture. Identification and description of the main grape varieties grown in California.
- the American Viticultural Area (AVA) system, including the world-renowned AVAs of Napa Valley, Sonoma County and Santa Barbara County.
- California’s iconic wineries, such as Ridge Vineyards, Frog’s Leap Winery and Robert Mondavi Winery.
- about the key statistics for California wine in global production, consumption and export.
- during the guided tasting sessions of 8 wines, corresponding with the AVAs and grape varieties from the course material.
How does it work?
- The online course is in English. The tasting is in Dutch for Gent and Antwerp, English in Brussels.
- After registration you will receive within 48 hours a special code to start your California Capstone adventure.
- You will then receive an invitation to sign up for the tasting sessions.
- Only those who have registered for the Capstone online classes can participate in the tasting sessions.
Your investment for level 1
€ 75 – all included
You can register HERE
Do you have already a basic knowledge about Californian wines? The you can start at Capstone California Level 2
Are you a member of the WineWise Alumni Club?
Then register via the WineWise LifeLong Learning platform because you get an attractive discount. Not yet a member and at least WSET Level 2 certified?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org