Building on the knowledge gained through the Level 2 Award in Wines, this qualification goes broader and deeper. Gain a detailed understanding of grape-growing and winemaking. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately and use your knowledge to confidently explain wine style and quality.
Who’s it for?
- This is an advanced course for those who are working with wines professionally and wish to progress their product knowledge and skills.
- Students who have already gained another advanced and certified wine qualification (Sommelier from Syntra, Vinoloog or Sommelier Conseil)
- Serious wine enthusiasts who want to expand their knowledge.
- The key factors in the production of wine:
- grape growing
- The key characteristics of the principal:
- still wines of the world
- sparkling wines of the world
- fortified wines of the world
- How to make wine recommendations
- How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to tasting Wine (SAT®)
Exam WSET Level 3 in Wines
- This course ends with a an exam consisting out of 3 parts:
- theory exam of 50 multiple-choice questions
- four short written answer questions
- blind tasting exam featuring two still wines
- Those achieving 55% or more on all 3 parts will receive the WSET® Level 3 in Wine Certificate and lapel pin.
- The exam is offered on a 3-monthly basis at the location in Antwerp.
How does the online course work?
- Based around a 9-week, 9 module online learning programme with educator support available for this time.
- The modules should be followed in sequential order during this 9-week window.
- The course material should take about 90 hours in total to complete, plus revision time.
- Regular access and participation in the course online activities is essential for success.
- You can contact the educator any time for the duration of the scheduled course.
- Each module includes a series of independent activities to help you understand the topics.
- You will be advised to taste a range of wines during this study.
- Wines are not included in the online course fee.
- All the required wines for the course can be found in the Specification.
- Students can post their tasting notes in the WSET Online classroom for review by the educator.
- For WSET Level 3 there is also a guided tasting training via Zoom. You will then receive a packet with 6 samples. These wines are included in the course price.
How does the classroom course work?
- This training is delivered in a “classroom” format of 10 x 3 hours @ location, and several recording sessions on the WineWise LifeLong Learning platform where you can study around your own schedule.
- It is important that you reserve, during the whole course period, a minimum of 3 extra hours per week to prepare the sessions and to study.
- All key wines, a minimum of 90 wines, will be tasted during the “classroom” sessions and these wines are included in the course price.
- WSET online accredited educator, at least WSET Level 4 in Wines qualified.
- WineWise Educators, at least WSET Level 4 in Wines qualified, independent wine selection made by WineWise.
Prices inclusive 21% VAT
- Online: € 875
- Classroom: € 1.450
- Re-sit exam: € 280 (€ 170 Theory – € 110 Tasting)