Do I have to start with WSET Level 1?
You can start immediately at a higher level if you meet the following conditions:
- Straight to WSET Level 2 if you can already name and distinguish the different types and styles of wines.
- WSET wine: the different types and styles of wines.
- WSET spirits: the different types of spirits and the base ingredients.
- Direct entry to WSET Level 3 if you have already “successfully” completed another “certified” intermediate course.
It is assumed that you have a good knowledge of WSET Level 2. Therefore, we recommend you purchase the WSET Level 2 book to read and prepare yourself before you start the WSET Level 3 course.
- Direct progression to WSET Level 4 wine is NOT possible. You must be in possession of the WSET Level 3 wine certificate.
View all questions